Lots of the activities we do in scouts are open to other members of the family, such as walks, camps, and weekend outings. As well as this, scouts only happens thanks to the commitment and dedication of lots of volunteers. The more people that chip in and help, the better!
Parents are asked to chip in in various ways depending on what is possible.
Parents can help by:
- Showing interest and encouragement
- Providing transport
- Helping to fundraise for the Group
- Volunteering for duties such as Scout Hall set up or clean up
- Joining the Group Committee and/or assisting with administration
- Helping with DIY jobs or gardening at the Scout Hall
- Organising a Group excursion to your workplace
- Offering your unique talents and skills for a Group theme night
Don’t be afraid to offer your practical support, or to ask the Leaders at your Group how you can contribute.
Please introduce yourself to the leaders and offer assistance where you can. It will be much appreciated.